VIDEO DOWNLOADS ARE NO LONGER ALWAYS FREE (11/17)
Some of the Youtube links below now require a subscription.
Computer Algebra Software
KERR BLACK HOLES
("the most important exact solution of any equation in physics" - source of quote not yet identified)
(1) Original PRL paper (has typos identified in (4))
(2) "THE KERR SPACETIME" (CUP)
(3) "THE KERR SPACETIME" (AMAZON)
(4) Kerr's personal account of how he derived his famous metric
(5) Math details of Kerr metric by Matt Visser
(6) Black Hole Uniqueness Theorems by David Robinson
video of Kerr describing how he got his solution (essentially a
verbal description of (4) above). This site also has links to other
black hole talks
given at an after dinner talk at the NZ consulate in Berlin. [THE FOLLOWING SEEM TO BE PAYWARE NOW (11/17), BUT CHECK TO SEE IF OTHER LINKS ARE NOT]
A particularly interesting and clear exposition of numerical relativity is posted at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adQumfzldUM
Photos of Kerr
Kerr Fest (70th birthday)
Kerr Fest program
Kerr Fest guest book
NZ magazine article
Kerr metric publications
(7) Account of Texas Symposium (published in Physics Today)
(8) Kerr-Schild form for vacuum solutions (R.P Kerr & A. Schild)
(9) Race for the Kerr Metric (Dautcourt)
(1) Doran Coordinates (Doran)
(2) Exact solutions of the Einstein equations (M.A.H. MacCallum),
(3) History of the so-called Lense-Thirring Effect (H. Pfister) (this paper persuasively argues that Einstein deserves all the credit).
QUANTUM GRAVITY (ArXiv preprints)
"Quantum Gravity at a Lifschitz Point"
"Membranes at Quantum Criticality"
"Quantum Criticality and Yang-Mills Guage Theory"
"Status of Horava gravity: A personal perspective" A good introduction to the issues outstanding
"Loop Quantum Gravity" (Rovelli)
Magnetic monopoles and anti-matter
Watson & Crick Nature paper
Stochastic Problems in Physics & Astronomy
Physics of the Rainbow
Van der Waals Force from the Bohr Atom (excerpt from a review paper)